If you love to bake then a stand mixer is a valuable investment. It saves your effort, time and results are often better. If something needs to be smooth, it turns out like velvet. If it is supposed to be airy and light, it comes out like a cloud.
In fact, a stand mixer will help you a lot in the baking world. When you realize its importance, it will be a bit difficult to return to that hand mixer you already have.
What is the best affordable stand mixer? The best stand mixers can be found from $100 to $400. If you use a stand mixer to bake bread, it is the best idea to buy the most powerful and heaviest you can afford. Whereas, if you are thinking of cakes, and other basic baking tasks then keep an eye on Amazon for great deals for affordable mixers.
When you think about buying a mixer KitchenAid is probably the first to come to mind. It is certainly not the only one, but picking one can be difficult. So, the following is the most affordable stand mixer to receive a review from users, here are our best stand mixer picks.
Stand Mixer or Hand Held Mixer
- Stand Mixer: A stand mixer will take your baking and cooking to a new level, but you should buy a mixer on a whim. Consider a few points in your mind first: how much space do you have on your counter? What do you bake, and of course how often do you bake? Alternatively, even a small stand mixer will perform better than a hand mixer – it will mix, beat, and whip food ingredients quickly.
- Nowadays, most stand mixers come with useful attachments, including a paddle, whisk, and dough hook. If you want to make bread, buttercream or layer cakes, then a stand mixer will make your life easier.
- Hand Mixer: Basically, a hand mixer is a kitchen tool – even people who cook seldom tend to buy one, when they are setting a new kitchen. While, some models can be expensive, but a durable hand mixer should cost less than $30. If you love to mix ingredients by hand, you can buy a less expensive hand mixer for the days when you do not have time or energy to whip cream.
- It will not only save you time, but it will do a better work of mixing cookie dough or cake batter – it will also whip butter, beat eggs and mash potatoes in minutes. Even if you bake infrequently, you will love your hand mixer.
Stand Mixer vs Immersion Blender
Indeed, you can call both of them “mixer”, an immersion blender and a stand mixer are two different kitchen appliances. A stand mixer is a powerful heavy and usually has a fixed place on your kitchen counter; likewise, an immersion blender is a compact and lightweight tool, that you can easily store after use.
Read on the following comparison table and find out what you use best for a stand mixer and an immersion blender.
- Stand Mixer: This powerful appliance is used to whisk, kneading, and mixing intensive ingredients. Handy cutting aid with special chopper and blender attachments. It can make a thick sauce, such as mayonnaise in larger quantities otherwise ingredients will not be mixed. It can make smoothie, pasta or minced meat with attachments.
- Moreover, you can use a stand mixer for all kinds of food preparations. This appliance is a kneading champion, but with the right attachments, you can use it as a pasta maker or chopper. An immersion blender is suitable for making sauces and dips, as you have the preparation precisely in hand.
- Immersion Blender: An immersion blender is not suitable for kneading or mixing large batches of pie or dough. It can be expanded with all kinds of attachments, that can turn it into a chopping or cutting mill. Best for pureeing baby food, soup, dips and sauces. Different attachments fit on it, but pasta or meat grinder are not included.
Best Stand Mixer At A Glance
- Best Stand Mixer for Making Bread Dough – Aucma Stand Mixer
- Best Stand Mixer for Baking – Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer
- Best Multipurpose Stand Mixer – Nurxiovo 3 in 1 Stand Mixer
- Best Stand Mixer for Beginners – Aicok Electric Stand Mixer
- Best Budget Stand Mixer – JEMOTEK 2 in 1 Stand Mixer
- Best Stand Mixer for Everyday Use – Dash Stand Mixer
- Best Stand Mixer for the Money – Wepsen Stand Mixer with Mixing Bowls Set
01. Aucma Stand Mixer – best stand mixer for making bread dough
Size: 15.2 x 9.4 x 12.4 inches | Color: Silver | Material: Stainless Steel | Weight: 13.86 pounds | Wattage power: 660 Watts | Voltage: 120 volts | Number of Speeds: 6 | Attachments: A Whisk, Dough Hook, Mixing Beater
Aucma stand mixer has 660 Watts high-performance copper motor and durable ABS housing. 6 optimized speeds with pulse function give you more access to multipurpose and a variety of recipes. In addition, this powerful motor has 76 dB operation noise level.
Moreover, a 6.5 Qt large capacity stainless steel bowl can meet all your needs. This mixer is easy to use for making waffles, muffins, pastry, cookies, bread and cakes, dual handles provide you with more grip to hold. Also, this is the best stand mixer for bread dough.
The tilt-head design gives access to install or uninstall bowls and other attachments easily. The mixer has a LED light as an indicator and has a stainless steel belt. It also comes with three attachments, a whisk, dough hook and a mixing beater. The splash guard with access hatch prevents it from making a mess.
If you have no idea other than KitchenAid give it a try, as it is not too heavy and can be easily assembled and disassembled. Aucma stand mixer is an ideal gift and multiple authentications for your friends & family.
02. Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer – Best Stand Mixer for Baking
Size: 10.4 x 15.55 x 16.3 inches | Color: Black, Silver | Material: Stainless Steel | Weight: 12.48 pounds | Wattage power: 300 Watts | Voltage: 110 volts | Number of Speeds: 7 | Attachments: A Whisk, Dough Hook, flat beater
The Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer is your complete kitchen partner. It provide the complete bowl coverage and has 7 speeds and mixing guide, tilt-up head and a variety of attachments make this mixer an indispensable addition to any kitchen. This stand mixer comes complete with an easy to use speed control that allows you to choose from low, medium or high speeds while mixing.
In particular, Hamilton Beach has the same mixing functions as a KitchenAid stand mixer. With its 300 watts powerful motor, you can mix thick doughs and batters like cookies, pizza, bread, mashed potatoes and more. For hands-free mixing with excellent results, its planetary mixing rotates the beater around the 4 quarts for complete and even mixing.
In addition, this versatile stand mixer comes with a splash guard, dough hook, flat beater, and a whisk. You can easily clean it with a damp cloth or sponge and let it dry. Furthermore, it has 7 speeds which go from a slow to fast mixing, with exact control at each setting.
Undoubtedly, Hamilton Beach is a standard mixer without breaking the bank. The attachments are dishwasher-safe but we recommend washing by hand and it is a breeze to do so. Also, you do not need to worry about mixing techniques – a helpful guide of this mixer lets you know which speed is suitable for beating, folding & more.
03. Nurxiovo 3 in 1 Stand Mixer – Best Multipurpose Stand Mixer
Size: 22.79 x 11 x 14.54 inches | Color: Black | Material: Stainless Steel | Weight: 19.86 pounds | Wattage power: 850 Watts | Number of Speeds: 6 | Attachments: bowl cover, meat grinder, juice squeezer, whisk, bowl
The Nurxiovo stand mixer with the 850-watt pure copper motor and durable ABS housing makes the process evenly and quickly, with the lowest noise level of 72 dB. For safety and security, its built-in temperature sensor automatically shuts down when overheating. Also, its American standard plug and 1.05-meter wire are safe and secure.
In addition, a 3-in-1 stand mixer with a juicer and meat grinder is easy to use for making bread, cakes, pastry, cookies, muffins and easy to mincemeat and to extract juices. Furthermore, splash guards help you, to prevent ingredients from making a mess. And strong suction feet helps you to reduce the noise level.
A handy 6-speed control allows you to make multipurpose and a variety of recipes. Pulse can reach the fast speed in a few seconds to beat egg whites. In the speed control, there is a blue light to remind you to unplug the mixer when you have done your job. Tilt-head design allows easy access to the bowl and the beater, but also allows you to install and uninstall bowl and other attachments.
This unit has plenty of power and can easily mix a large batch of dough. For this price this appliance is absolutely amazing and can do all types of mixing, blending tasks. More power even to make all that dough for Christmas cookies… Surely you will love it!
04. Aicok Electric Stand Mixer – Best Stand Mixer for Beginners
Size: 13.5 x 9.6 x 9.76 inches | Color: Silver | Material: Stainless Steel | Weight: 6.1 pounds | Wattage power: 250 Watts | Volts: 120 V | Number of Speeds: 5 | Attachments: 2 x Beaters, 2 x Dough Hooks, 3.7 Qt bowl
Aicok Electric Stand Mixer is a 2 in 1 mixer, with its 5 + 1-speed modes. It can mix, knead and whip ingredients smoothly to produce delicious food. The stainless steel mixing bowl with a handle is easy to clean and store. It also includes two egg beaters, two dough hooks, a hand mixer and a bowl for versatile use.
This 2 in 1 electric stand mixer can be used as a hand mixer. It is suitable for people with weak hand strength. When you feel tired from using a handheld mixer, then you can mount this mixer on the support table to reduce fatigue.
Featured with 5-speed modes and a turbo button, which can meet most of your preparation needs. 3.7 Qt stainless steel bowl can be used for mixing dough, sauces, baked goods and many more, and the bowl is removable and easy to clean and use by pressing the button on the back of the bowl to remove or install the stand mixer.
This unit comes with 4 accessories made of food-grade stainless steel which is resistant to corrosion than other materials. Including 2 dough hooks and 2 whisks. All attachments are dishwasher safe.
If you are looking for a removable and lightweight mixer which can also be used as a hand mixer this unit is manufactured just for you. Which is equipped with 5-speed modes and attachments so you can enjoy your food preparing experience.
05. JEMOTEK 2 in 1 Stand Mixer – Best Budget Stand Mixer
Size: 14.83 x 13.64 x 10.87 inches | Color: Black | Material: Plastic | Weight: 6.1 pounds | Wattage power: 500 Watts | Volts: 110 V | Number of Speeds: 6 | Attachments: 2 x Beaters, 2 x Dough Hooks
JEMOTEK is a powerful 2 in 1 and Tilt up head design mixer. This mixer meets your two needs at a time. This mixer can be removed from the base as a hand mixer or install it for extra mixing performance. Tilt-up heads allow you to add ingredients and change attachments quickly & easily.
Furthermore, this compact mixer has a 500 watt power motor and 5 speeds from low to high to mix and blend, with smooth control at each level. The base is rotating automatically, to knead, whip and beat for complete and even mixing.
4 Qt large capacity stainless steel bowls provide you with enough capacity for mixing and help you without making a mess, messy drops, spills and drops. With this removable bowl you can easily wash it, and add ingredients.
06. Dash Stand Mixer – Best Stand Mixer for Everyday Use
Size: 8 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches | Color: Black, Red, Silver, Blue | Material: Plastic | Weight: 1.2 KG | Wattage power: 250 Watts | Volts: 110 V| Number of Speeds: 6 | Attachments: 2 x Beaters, 2 x Dough Hooks, 3 qt mixing bowl
The Dash Stand Mixer is the ultimate kitchen companion, perfect for any baking or cooking task. The 250-watt motor and 6 speeds are designed to handle everything from mixing dough to whipping cream. Featuring a powerful stainless steel wire whisk, a durable stainless steel body and an ergonomically designed soft grip handle, this stand mixer will quickly become your favorite kitchen tool!
Dash versatile stand mixer is a perfect kitchen tool for meringue, frosting, creamy dressings, dough and baked goods. Its small and compact size is less than 5 pounds weight and 125 cm tall, which fits under the kitchen cabinets or limited counter space.
In addition, this mixer packs with a 250-watt motor and 6 different speeds to beat, knead and whip. Tilt-head enables you to remove the bowl, beaters or dough hooks without making a mess! Plus, the antique design and variety of colours will meet any kitchen decor.
Dash is a nice compact size mixer for a fraction of the price of other stand mixers. Several batches of Oatmeal scotchie cookies have already been made as well as several cokes with homemade frosting. It is an affordable, basic functional and adequate mixer.
07. WEPSEN Stand Mixer with Mixing Bowls Set – Best Stand Mixer for the Money
Size: 8 x 10.5 x 11.5 inches | Color: White Metallic | Material: Stainless steel | Weight: 5.14 Pounds | Wattage power: 150 Watts | Volts: 110 V | Number of Speeds: 5 | Attachments: 2 x Beaters, 2 x Dough Hooks, 3 qt mixing bowl
The Wepsen Stand Mixer is the perfect kitchen appliance for a budding chef. It comes with an electric hand mixer, 6-piece stainless steel bowl set, and 7-piece measuring spoon set. The non-skid feet on the base keeps this stand mixer stable on any surface. Its powerful 150-watt motor delivers smooth and consistent results while mixing dough or kneading bread.
Significantly, this set is upgraded with 5-speeds with 6 nesting stainless steel mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons whisk blender. The bowls come with a wide and flat rim to ensure a strong grip for whisking and mixing. These bowls are easy to clean, stain and taste resistant. Also, the measuring spoons are according to the US measurement standard help you to reduce any measuring errors.
And, the measuring cups to measure liquid and dry ingredients. These are made of food-grade stainless steel, which ensures your cooking is safe and healthy, with long service.
Finally, this is a versatile combination that is perfect for baking and meal preparation. Moreover, mixing bowls seamlessly nests together and offers enough space to declutter kitchen cupboards. It is an ideal gift for new homes, birthdays, Easter and Christmas.
What to make with a stand mixer?
With the help of attachments you can make the following foods for you and your family.
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Pita Bread
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pulled Pork
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Basic Tart Dough
- Vegetable salad
- Homemade potato chips
- Homemade Salsa
Fresh Prep Attachment
- Shredded cheese
- Potato pancakes
- Carrot cake
- Cauliflower rice
- Fresh Oat flour
- Wheat flour
- Fresh fusilli
How to use a stand mixer?
Whether you buy an expensive or cheap attachment, remember that the mixer is only an appliance. Keep in mind the follow tips when you are using stand mixer:
- Measure exact ingredients amounts carefully
- Purchase a timer to ensure that you are beating with the correct consistency
- Clean all appliance and utensils as you go, batter dry quickly and make cleaning difficult
- Use a cookie press to create fun and festive cookies
On the whole, for a powerful mixer at a reasonable price, pick Hamilton Beach’ machine. The attachments are dishwasher-safe but we recommend to wash by hand and it is a breeze to do so. Also, it features a powerful motor and planetary mixing rotation as a KitchenAid – it can do everything you need a stand mixer to do.