Different products have been made to hold kitchen utensils, such as spatulas, knives and other utensils. These holders are round-shaped or may contain different compartments to organize and place the tools. Unorganized kitchen utensils can look messy and waste the time to find out the needed tool.
What is the importance of kitchen utensils holders? A utensil holder helps you to organize and keep close a wide range of utensils without wasting your precious time. By organizing utensils in order you would save a lot of space and spend less time because everything you need to prepare food is easily accessible.
Furthermore, utensils that you use regularly should be visual and in arms reach, so you can find them without searching during cooking. To keep most using tools in access there are various utensil stands and holders. You can also store less frequently used tools in kitchen drawers.
What Makes a Utensil Holder Good?
The utensil holder is best for storing frequently used utensils. It will keep cooking tools available in front of you. So you don’t have to find them through the counter drawer. Keep in mind these few points before buying the utensil holder:
- Size: A countertop holder should have enough space to hold a good amount of tools and still have space to differentiate and easy access. Otherwise, it would be difficult to pull them out of the over-crowded holder.
- Height: The height of the holder will help you to handle the longer utensils and keep them from falling out like spatulas. Your holder should be longer, but not too long. Otherwise, you have to look into the holder to find the utensils.
- Weight: The base of the holder should be heavy and wide so that you can load it with kitchen utensils without the fear of falling off. Because a heavy and wide holder has fewer chances to tip over when you reach for any tool. Holders with a narrow bottom can easily tip over. The heavy bottom ensures the stability of the holder.
- Shape: The elliptical shape is good for narrow spaces, while oval-shaped holders keep the utensils upright.
- Appearance: In order to become more functional, the holder should be attractive on the kitchen counter. It should blend with kitchen decor.
- Rotating Base: with the help of a rotating base you can easily access your kitchen tools. Rotating base enables you to make it handy to find the right utensil that you need instead of searching through a fixed one.
- Storage Compartments: The compartments make it easy to distribute the weight and separate utensils, preventing them from slipping. If you take out a utensil, you would not bring others with it. In addition, a compartment for small utensils keeps small tools from getting lost among taller ones.
- Removable Riser: A removable riser will help you to elevate a compartment to store small utensils. You can remove the riser or keep it in to make more space for taller utensils.
Different Types of Utensil Holder by Material
When it comes to buying utensil holders, you ponder about what type of material is best. Are you looking for an option that blends your decor? Are you looking for an option that is stable and durable? Are you looking for a sleek option that will give you a professional look? Here are different options for you, finding the right one is the challenge.
Stainless Steel Utensil Holder
If you have stainless steel utensils and appliances in your kitchen, obviously, you want to buy a stainless steel holder. It has a stylish and sleek look that will match the decor of your kitchen. These holders are durable and dishwasher safe.
Choose a holder made from fingerprint-resistant brushed steel to add a clean and sleek touch to your kitchen.
- Non-Slip feet
- Dishwasher safe
- Weighted base
- Mirror finish
- Versatile and large capacity
- Easy to clean
- Smudge marks are frequent
- Too flimsy for some
- No drain holes
Ceramic Utensil Holder
These holders are available in a variety of colours to match your kitchen decor. Ceramic holders can be colourful and a great addition to your kitchen.
Ceramic utensil holders can hold heavy utensils. These holders are heavy, their heavyweight makes it stable on the kitchen counter and prevents it from falling when you put heavy objects in it.
Moreover, when you decide to organize your kitchen, you want to ensure that all accessories will blend well with kitchen decor. For this purpose, these ceramic holders are more than capable of matching well with any decor that you have in your kitchen.
Also, thanks to some manufacturers they produced a cork mat design of this ceramic holder, so you don’t have to worry about scratching the kitchen counter and its sliding. If you are looking for a holder or to give as a gift, then you must try this product.
Some ceramic holders require hand washing, but others are dishwasher safe.
- Can freeze wine
- FDA approved quality porcelain
- Durable material
- Good capacity
- Attractive & Decorative
- Dishwasher safe
- Available in different colours
- Nicely weighted to prevent tipping
- Colours can vary
- Heavy for some when full
- Some have no protective pad
Bamboo Utensil Holder
Bamboo utensil holders are eco-friendly, stylish and durable pieces for any kitchen. These holders are best to store any bamboo or wooden tools, giving a majestic look to your kitchen. It also looks elegant holding metal or silicone utensils.
Bamboo holders will not scratch the kitchen counters. Pick an angled opening which makes your access easier. In addition, look for the slip-resistant bottom, which prevents from slipping and makes it more stable.
- Easy to move around
- Versatile for different items
- 100% environment friendly
- Less capacity
- Not dishwasher safe
Stone Utensil Holder
Nowadays stone utensil holders are also popular for its high-quality. It is not a surprise that these utensil holders make your kitchen perfect.
These utensil holders are made from high-quality stone. It is more sturdy and durable than another stoneware. These holders are available in different colours that make a fun, bold statement in the kitchen.
Stone holders come in various sizes so you can choose the suitable size that fit in the kitchen and the number of utensils you need to store. This holder is smaller than the others. It is an elegant product with some extra price.
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Available in different colours
- Durable and chip resistant
- Colours can vary
- A little heavy for some
Different Types of Utensils Holder by Function
Besides form, material utensil holders have other types also which perform different functions from countertop holders.
For those kitchen utensils you frequently used while cooking, wall-mounted holders are also available. You don’t have to worry about a burning dish because you could not find the right spoon or spatula in the drawer.
With the help of a wall-mounted holder, you can easily reach, grab what you need, and your dish is safe. These holders are available in different styles to match the kitchen decorating schemes
Following are some types of wall-mounted holders:
- Plate Rack: A plate rack is a perfect combination of attractive appearance and practical form. It is constructed from solid and durable metal and gives you extra storage area. This is an ideal element to the small kitchen decor.
- Metal Bars and Hooks: These wall mounted hooks and bars are perfect for frying pans in your kitchen. They are of high quality and nicely finished, so you can use them for many years in your kitchen.
- Wire Basket: Wire baskets are simple, attractive and decorative for your kitchen or bathroom. These baskets add a modern spirit to your kitchen. You can keep kitchen utensils or other tools in these baskets.
- Steel Hooks: like metal hooks and bars, these hooks are made of polished stainless steel. This wall-mounted holder will be a great addition for any kitchen. It provides enough space for your pans, pots and other utensils.
- Metal bar Rack: You will be able to display your kitchen utensils with this metal barrack. This rack is made from three double railings with durable hooks for hanging frying pans and other utensils.
These types of utensil stands can be used for those utensils that have handles with holes, so they can be hung up. These are available circular sets, but you can find bamboo or stainless steel rotating stands. They look great on the kitchen counter and are suitable for small kitchens.
Their rotating feature enables you to move the stand for picking any tool easily. Also, choose a slip-resistant stand that will ensure stability when rotated. The one drawback is that the utensils can fall easily. When you pick an item from the stand, often others fall off.
One possible advantage of these stands over other holders is that utensils are stored handle up so you can grab the handle, which is a hygienic way to pick up any utensil.
Drawer Utensil Holder
A drawer holder is a compartment tray in which you can hold different types of kitchen utensils. These drawers keep your utensils and tools neatly stored, so you can access the right tool without wasting your time.
Always pick an adjustable drawer which allows you to extend the sides to fit different drawer sizes.
How to Choose Kitchen Utensil Holder?
When you come to buy utensil holders, there are some key points that you should consider. To make this easy, we have made the following buying guide. In this guide, you will find details about the most important features.
There are different materials available which are most common in utensil holders. Each has its down-falls and upside. It is a matter of your preference and decor.
Stainless Steel: These holders are durable and sleek, easy to clean and not expensive.
Pottery: These are the best option for country-style kitchens, they match your kitchen decor and preference.
Plastic: It is a less expensive option and also durable. In addition, we recommend plastic because it is easy to clean and lightweight and plastic is not stable as other holders.
Capacity is the matter of available space in your kitchen and your personal preference. If you have a small counter, you want to consider a smaller holder that can hold a few utensils.
If you have a lot of space, then there are various capacity options available to hold a number of utensils, even some holders come with compartments for convenience and easy organization.
Moreover, you will also consider how much drawer space you have. If you do not have much space, you may need a larger holder on your countertop, to free up drawer space. Actually, you do not need to store utensils in a drawer.
Utensil holders are not the feature-packed items in your kitchen accessories. In spite of this, there are some extras that are great to have.
- Non-slip bottom – There are a lot of holders available with grippy and nice bottoms, these bottoms ensure the stability of the holders and allow for easy removal and insertion of utensils.
- Compartments – If you prefer to be extra organized then this feature works well. This is a handy way to separate tongs, spatulas and spoons, instead of crowding them all in one place.
- Matching Utensils – We often love to replace old utensils with a new one. It is a great idea when your utensil holder comes with a set of matching utensils.
- Removable bottom – You will find that the holder gets dirty, full of grime, with the help of a removable bottom you will be able to take the bottom off your utensil holder for easy cleaning.
Ease of Clean
Utensil holders are infrequently cleaned and often overlooked in the kitchen. This is not good because we generally set them beside our stoves, they have food and oil splatters, grime and crumbs.
So, to solve this problem, and to minimize the gross, buy utensil holders that are easy to clean, dishwasher safe. We recommend you to choose a smooth surface holder so that oil and food do not lodge in grooves.
Top 04 Reasons for Using a Utensil Holder
As it happens, some people use more than one utensil holder in their kitchen. This is a very useful tip if you have large counter space in your kitchen. With the help of a holder, you can keep all of your stuff in order.
- A well-organized kitchen will be an interesting place. If you have not organized your kitchen utensils you may not be able to work in peace or you spend a lot of time in searching for a tool. To use kitchen space effectively, you can use a utensil holder.
- Utensil holders are mostly used for kitchen organization. Look at your utensils and tools you have instead of scattering them all around the room, these holders will help you to keep them together.
- These holders also save a lot of your time, instead of searching for a particular utensil, you can use the holder to store them in a well-organized manner. In this way, you can easily find them and you can save a lot of time.
- The utensil holders also help you to improve the design of your kitchen. These holders are available in various colours, sizes and shapes and models, so you can pick a perfect design according to your kitchen decor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What else can be used as a utensil holder?
There are a lot of holder and crock products made for storing kitchen utensils. However, the sky’s the limit here are some ideas for what you can use instead of a utensil holder.
- A vase
- Milk Beverage
- Ice Bucket
- Coffee can
How do we create our own kitchen utensil holder?
We do utensils holders with kitchen cabinets. But if you want to do it by yourself, you can use a wood block to carve out the shape you want according to the size of your utensils. The easiest way is to use the storage boxes which fit your cabinets drawers.
How to organize the kitchen?
Kitchen accessories are much important but first of all, make sure that your kitchen is clear from unwanted tools and utensils. Look around the kitchen and get rid of all the useless utensils. The unwanted stuff takes extra space and hides the most frequently used items.
With the help of utensil holders in your kitchen you can enhance the overall appearance and to make your work much easier. You can buy holders from your home improvement stores. Also, they are available online. They are made of different materials from stainless steel to wood, plastic, bamboo, ceramic and stone etc. You can pick the design matching your kitchen decor. So whether you have a modern kitchen or a traditional one you can find different varieties according to your personal preference and taste.